Piscuss the Advantages and disadvantaqes of school children using the
Over the last decade computers have been used more than ever before. The
emergence of the Intemet during the 1990's allowed educational research materials
to be made available through websites. Many people now use the Intemet as a
primary source of information for their work however there are many sides to this
argument and there are doubts whether this is advisable in all
There are both and disadvantages of school children using the Internet
for research pugnsæ, these advantages are:
• The fact that the Internet is an easy tool to use and, once the child has learnt
how to use tie web; they can use search engines to find almost anything.
• There are over 161,000,000 websites dedicated to the learning process.
Each of which have inforrnation that can be accessed easily.
• The internet can be accessed at all times which means that a child doesn't
need to take time out to go and visit a library to find some books on a
relevant subject. Aso, as many homes have a computer Internet access,
a child can stay at home to do the work.
• There is a great deal of software available to stop unwanted sites, viruses or
ads coming up, so the child could be trusted t o use the internet without being
in danger as long as they bear in mind that privacy is imxytant and as long
as they do not disclose personal information over the web.
• You can get Current, topical information, such as news frorn around the world
as the Internet is constantly being updated.
• Also, there are many sites, which help children to study through the use of
different media such as online Leaming.