Thomas Jefferson - Words of Wisdom
I. When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe.
2. The democracy Will cease to exist when you take away from those Who are Willing to work and
give to those who would not.
3. It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes.
A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world.
4. I predict future happiness for Americahs if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors
of the people under the pretense of taking ca of them.
5. My reading of history convinces me thatmost bad government results from too much government.
6. NO free man shall ever be debarred the u
7. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
8. The tree Of liberty must be refreshed from time to time With the blood Of patriots and tyrants.
9. To compel a man to subsidize with hista*es die propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and
abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
10. I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
If the American people ever allow private ban to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation,
then by deflation, the banks and corporations hat will grow up around the banks will deprive the people
of all property until their children wake-up
eless on the continent their fathers conquered.